What’s the most powerful, immediate reset tool you can use in your PT practice? Trigger point dry needling is a great way to help your patients start to release pain and increase performance. When Paul Killoren opened a cash practice where he offered dry needling, he accidentally found himself in a high-demand niche. Now he’s one of the clinicians behind iDryNeedle, a company of transformative leaders in movement health who provide innovative and quality products specifically for physical therapists. Today he’s joining Aaron to explain why dry needling is a must-have addition to your clinical toolbox. You’ll hear how needling changed the way he approaches treatment, how iDryNeedle was started as a means to advocate for PTs, and why we need to work together to create systemic change in physical therapy.
“If you are passionate and you devote the energy and you put the commitment into your practice, it’s going to work.”
What do you want to hear from the CashPT Lunch Hour?
Get Your CashPT Checklist to Start Building Your Cash-Based Physical Therapy Practice Now!
10x Your Marketing, 10X Your Action, 10X Your Thinking, 10X Your Income, and 10X Your Impact in 12 Months or Less with The CashPT Platinum Mastermind!
In This Episode:
- Paul’s journey from the PT mill to treating on the Microsoft campus
- How Paul started a cash practice and accidentally found a niche with needling
- Reset, Reinforce, Reload: Understanding where needling can fit into your practice and how to get longer-lasting outcomes
- How to negotiate with patients who only want needling to ensure that you’re giving them the best treatment possible
- Where PTs really belong: Paul explains why you can’t limit your practice by only addressing pain or injury
- Are you cut out for running your own cash practice? Hear what you need to leverage to be successful
- Why Paul closed his cash practice to start iDryNeedle as a way to advocate for the PT community
- The two innovations of Myotech needles that make massive differences in treatment, and how Paul is creating his own needles
- Why even the best physicians are doomed to struggle in the insurance-based system, and why you need to support individual clinicians to create systemic change
- Paul’s Website: https://www.idryneedle.com
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/idryneedle/?hl=en
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/usdryneedling?lang=en
Connect with Aaron:
- Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/AaronLeBauer/
- Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/aaronlebauer/
- Twitter - https://twitter.com/AaronLeBauer
- LinkedIn - https://www.linkedin.com/in/aaronlebauer/